Horntail Mechanics Guide (in-depth)

Discussion in 'Boss Guides' started by Shan, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Shan

Shan Shroom

IGN:
    Roan
    Welcome,

The goal of this Horntail Mechanics guide is to give (new) players an idea of what to expect from Horntail in StoryMaple. It is a bit different from Vanilla Maplestory.

Please note that this guide is quite text-based. It is very long, but it covers every aspect of the fight.

Link to Horntail Mechanics Guide:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N1mxkTvBbJ4067-39Cn7-Qrox7B9xvOJjURtphyIMzA/edit?usp=sharing

This guide was created by myself (Shan/Roan) and @Aria@Aria

Let me know if we missed anything. Will probably clean it up more in the future. Sorry if it's boring in advance.

Ask any questions here or message/DM me on Discord for more information at Shan#1138

Always open to suggestions!

Best of luck~

P.S - Stay tuned for a Chaos Zakum guide

#1 Shan, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    lcrlcr99, mitzy, Ryan and 2 others like this.
  2. llyy

llyy Shroom

IGN:
    chopChop
    Any advise for a bucc? Or he is a free man in the run? Haha. I only saw Buccaneer getting mentioned once in the guide.

3. vyvy

vyvy Shroom

IGN:
    Infusionist
    I usually transform at 2nd prehead for it to be up before tail.
    In the main fight:
    - When leg is up, I usually just stand left of it to hit (where ranged pt is) .
    - When leg is down, transform and hit tail from the middle of HT abs (where ranged pt stand), tail can 1 shot you so beware of getting sed to the right side.
    - When tail is down and wing up, move to the right side with your warrior friends, barrage + dstrike (where heroes stand) when transform cd, when transform up, can demolition from where ranged would stand for right side. One more tip would be snatch if your bubble isnt up, bc snatch charges bubble fast.
    - For me personally, when wing is down, I just move up to hit the heads instead of missing hitting right arm.
    - When head A and B are the ones left, you can move up to head B from where the warriors stand by using corkscrew, then regular barrage+dstrike or demolition head B.

lcrlcr99 and Shan like this.